Jan 10, 2009

snap circuits

This is the Snap Circuits Jr. SC-100. It'd be a stretch to say I bought this for my daughter's 4th birthday with her best interests in mind. I had my interests in mind. We'll see if she likes it tomorrow. I wish a toy like was available when I was small. It's a very smart idea for a toy. In a nutshell it is a set of electronic components that can be snapped together to form different electronic circuits. Circuit that set off an alarm or cause a propeller to turn. What makes this better than what I had as a kid though is the dismissal of any soldering or wiring difficulties through the use of a snap grid architecture. You can see the clear plastic 'motherboard' that is the substrate on which to build circuits. In this small kit there are 100 different things to build. It's a great idea.

No comments: