Mar 25, 2016

apollo 17

If you're as much of an Apollo nut as I am you're going to be wowed by this.

Apollo 17 in real-time.

This is both an incredibly well-designed site and incredibly comprehensive. I'm working my way through the entire sequence while skipping some spots (like crew sleep times). Watching the launches and splashdowns is interesting but I'm far more fascinated by the stuff in between. Things like the 3 staged burns, trans-lunar injection, LM extraction and reconnect, etc. It's all here. The entire mission. With recorded tapes of the communications, photos and, when possible, videos.

This is literally the greatest site I've ever visited. Hopefully this will be preserved somehow. It's a treasure trove of information.

This site has the background on the development of it.

No comments: