Sep 26, 2007

define franchise?

This is a funny post I remember reading 6 years ago by Tero Kuittinen on thestreet.com about Microsoft. The guy hates Microsoft. The money quote from his discussion of why the Xbox would be a failure,
Microsoft's early lineup of titles has a curiously tepid, washed-out vibe: "Halo" and "Oddworld" don't exactly sound like instant franchises.
I remembered this story because I knew Halo was being developed by Bungie and I consistently love Bungie games (Marathon, Myth). I had a feeling it would do well. Oddworld was a great game by the way.

My wife snagged a free version of Halo yesterday and I can confirm it looks good.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dude, that is so vicious!

Like we all didn't say things we came to regret back in 2001...

C. Fuzzbang said...

True. I am just lucky in that I don't have an electronic paper trail of what I said. Oh wait. I have blog. Doh!

Don't worry. I still read your columns. :)

Anonymous said...

OK - if I can't get respect, I'll settle for traffic! That's what it boils down to...